Wat gaat er mis? [leden]
Plaats reactie
Misuzu
Lid FGF

info wen infecties

Bericht door Misuzu » 13-04-2014 20:23

http://youtu.be/rcpcz5x9XIU

Hole In The Head Disease in Goldfish

Hexamita is the causative organism in many cases of Hole-In-The-Head Disease and many gut infestations that affect both freshwater and saltwater fish. Hexamita is a single-celled parasite that makes its home in the intestinal tracts of freshwater fish. Hexamita forms into a cyst to infect the host internally by the oral route.They make their way to the upper intestines and the free-swimming stage will live in the stomach fluids. They will reproduce normally and live along side the host, provided the fish remains healthy. Hexamita WILL take advantage of deteriorating conditions in your tank, when the host fish is either weak, ill or stressed and reproduce really fast as the opportunity is presented resulting in a population explosion. At this point, they can spread to the heart, liver, gall bladder, blood and the peritoneal cavity.

Hexamitids are presumed to have a very wide host range and geographical distribution. These parasites are in the wild, farmed and aquarium fishes in cold, temperate and warm waters. They have been reported in Acipensridae, Anguillidae, Catostomidae, Centarchidae, CYPRINIDAE, Cyprinodontidae, Gadidae, Gasterosteidae, Mugilidae, Percichthydae, Percidae, Salmonidae, Siganidae and Sparidae.

Guess which one is the most popular cyprinid. That’s right: GOLDFISH

The introduction of hexamitids into your tanks and ponds can be minimized by quarantine of new fish. Cleaning of filters and gravel/sand will also help since accumulation of organic material can promote growth of hexamitids in the water column (Dr. JB Gratzek 1988). Goldfish coming from culture facilities known to harbor standing parasite fauna should be treated prophylactically. Good animal husbandry and nutrition may also reduce the number of severity of outbreaks.

In a suspected Hexamita infection causing Hole-In-The Head Disease in your goldfish, these are the 2 most effective treatment combination that I highly RECOMMEND:

METRONIDAZOLE POWDER (available at jehmco.com, kensfish.com, angelsplus.com, nationalfishpharm.com)
NITROFURACIN GREEN POWDER (available at nationalfishpharm.com, 4fishstuff.com)
Please watch the video carefully for treatment, feeding and prevention instructions.

For those located overseas, combine Metronidazole and Nitrofurazone or any Furan based medication available in your country.

Alternative Treatments:

Ken Fischer of Dandy Orandas recommends Tricide-Neo for open sores. Tricide-Neo is indicated for bacterial infections in ornamental fish: Body sores, Fin rot, Mouth rot, and Lesions.

Goldfishkeepers.com also has many experienced experts who can provide other methods of treatment.

If your goldfish is suffering from Hole-In-The-Head Disease and the video above helps you, kindly pass along the treatment info so other fishkeepers won’t have to agonize over their sick fish.
…………………………………………..

“….You are gaining the experience and ‘THEY’ quote old books. You are DOING and observing. They are running a commentary on your hard work.”

Wise words from Dr. Erik Johnson, a world renowned Goldfish and Koi Veterinarian and author of Fancy Goldfish: Complete Guide To Care And Collecting.

In regards to the negative comments on my recommendations:

As a human being, we do what is necessary to help others in need and make sure the fish gets immediate treatment. I don’t need anyone’s permission to dispense advise regarding Hole-In-The-Head disease. I stand by the treatment method I provide here. If you’re a fishlover - you can’t help but bring home a sick fish from the petstore like I do. I’ve rescued and cured dozens of orandas and ranchus with this infection.

I’m simply paying it forward. I was there once when I didn’t know what to do with my sick fish. If it wasn’t for the people at wetwebmedia.com who offered their insights I never would have successfully treated my goldfish. I hope this helps a fishkeeper out there who is desperate to find a cure.
365 days and night, 365 tries to make it right
Afbeelding

Plaats reactie